Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Another hidden 6...found a pocket of time to lock in two more wins. This is officially a heater - I've won 11 of my last 25 tourneys with 2 additional second places. Gents, these are the brief, beautiful spikes in time that you go through the thousands of tournaments of boredom and frustration for. You hope for a week of bliss to cancel out the last month of misery. It almost gets to the point where you don't want to play because your spreadsheet looks so damned pretty and you just don't want to fuck it up.

You also get superstitious about your routine. Only going to the bathroom after certain sets. Whether you eat while you play. What you eat while you play. What you drink while you play. And so on...

Since bottoming out, my recent upswing is actually much larger than just this blippy spike...and worth reflecting on. At an average buy-in of $8.65 (remarkably similar to my overall average), my ROI over my last 785 tourneys currently stands at 6.56%. It could be that it's just anomalous...but I think it's more likely that we're also seeing some improvement as I keep playing. Certainly, I feel like I'm learning a lot...and getting more comfortable.

I have a non-poker rant for tomorrow.

Current Bankroll: $955.28
FPP Balance / cash value: 11785.62 / $188.57
Total tourneys played: 1811
Average buyin: $8.95
Total amount invested: $16,200.50
Total poker profit earned: $205.20
Total additional cash bonuses earned: $100.00
ROI (including cash bonuses and points) : 1.27% (3.05%)

No comments: